Pastors of the Silver Run Parish
Rev. J. Luther Hoffman
The Rev. J. Luther Hoffman came in 1912, and gave the congregation five years
of devoted christian guidance. On Oct. 15, 1916, there was a rededication of the
church, after extensive repairs and improvement had been made. These included
repairs to the parsonage, enlargement of the choir loft, velvet brussell carpet in
the auditorium, and rehanging of all doors so that they could swing outward.
People were becoming conscious of fire hazards -- as they were not when the old
brick church was built without a chimney.
Pastor Hoffman was our first pastor to own an automobile - a Ford.
In 1917 Pastor Hoffman left St. Mary's to accept a call to a church in Baltimore, where he remained until his retirement. During his Baltimore pastorate he was given the honorary degree of Doctor of Divinity.